We are pleased to announce our Whatcom County economic-impact figures for last year. 2015 was a great year and helped once again show the value of the SBDC to the local economy and business community!
Among the highlights from last year's efforts by SBDC staff:
- The SBDC's three certified business advisors counseled 317 clients, including clients seen through its eight satellite offices throughout Whatcom County.
- The SBDC staff provided 3,330 hoursof in-depth counseling and research ─ approximately 10 hours per client.
- The SBDC assisted local businesses in saving or creating 121 jobs. The active clients of the SBDC have a total of 3,068 local employees.
- SBDC advisors helped clients in obtaining over $5.1 million in loans and new investments.
- SBDC clients represent more than $144 million in annual sales (note that only about 50 percent of SBDC clients disclose annual sales figures).
Thanks to Western Today for spreading the word!